They say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but in today’s fast paced world, a first impression is sometimes all you get, and appearance is a big part of that first impression. From a t-shirt advertising a favorite band to a hat advertising a favorite sports team, how we dress tells someone a lot about who we are, from just a single glance. The business world is no exception to this; how employees dress directly effects how customers and even rival markets see your company.
A perfect example of this is when a friend of mine was walking through a store, and was mistaken as an employee, simply because of the color of his shirt. That is what effective and consistent uniform branding can do: it puts your business in the customer’s mind without even trying and creates a strong association with something as easily as recognizable as a color.
Of course the benefits to dressing your employees in a particular way, goes way beyond brand recognition. Here are 9 more reasons you should provide your employees with a uniform:
- (Free) Walking Billboards: When you outfit your employees uniform with something as simple as a company logo on a polo, you are gaining exposure wherever they go.
- Builds Credibility: Not only does it show that you are serious about your business, it also is a visual representation of the man-power your company possesses.
- Increased Visibility: Customers rightly dislike having to hunt someone down and guess who the right person to ask is. Further breaking down uniforms between specific job sets allows customers to easily identify exactly who they are looking for.
- Employee Morale: Uniforms give your employees a team-based atmosphere and provide a sense of belonging, fostering team work
- Employee Performance: They also serve as a constant reminder to employees that they are representing a company as well as themselves.
- More Secure Work Place: Regulated uniforms make non-employees easy to identify and help keep employee-only areas free from unauthorized personnel.
- Customer Satisfaction: Uniforms increased customer confidence in employees and also give customers a better over-all experience.
- Employee Safety: Unfortunately, accidents are bound to happen in the work place, but with the right uniform, the possibility of injuries can be brought to a minimum. Reflective vests and flame resistant coveralls are just some of them many parts of a uniform that are instrumental in protecting some of your greatest assets: your employees .
- Cleanliness: When working with the public, things can get messy and without the proper work-wear messy can lead to sickness. Scrubs for nurses are probably one of the best examples. They have to be made of a specific material that can handle the frequent high-temperature washes that their clothing requires.
- Overall business image: In addition to all of the above benefits, one of the most important, is that uniforms improve the overall business image by making your business look more organized and give customers the sense of pride you have for your business. In a restaurant, everything from the state of a server’s apron to how well the host’s tie is tied goes towards the overall customer experience, and their view of your business.
No matter the job sector, it is easy to see why uniforms are an integral part of any business. They drastically improve your customer service, turn you into a recognized professional in your field, and improve your employee’s job quality and their safety. To outfit your employees in top-quality wear, see the Best Buy Uniform’s catalog. Custom printing and embroidery available!
Shop Work Unifors Now
Below are some of the most popular work uniforms we sell. Need something custom? Contact us about custom embroidering and apparel today.